solarray

From void into vision, from vision to mind, from mind into speech, from speech to the tribe, from the tribe into din.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Solar Video

I did some video of my solar projects with Werner Grundl of VideoSphere and http://energyvision.blogspot.com. He's is adding to his video blog (vlog) all the time, most recently with some important statements from the NE Sustainable Energy Association's "Building Energy" conference.





This video is about my solar reading lights which I wrote about in My Solar Bedroom in December, 2005.







This video is about my solar bike lights and back pack.


Click on picture This is a video of a solar/dynamo flashlight/radio modified to charge AA batteries thus becoming the flashlight, radio, and extra set of batteries recommended to have on hand in case of emergency as well as a permanent source of low voltage DC power day or night.

Solar is civil defense.



Update 3/21/07:

Here is the schematic that Richard Komp of Maine Solar Energy Association and Grupo Fenix drew for me when he modified one of my solar/dynamo flashlight/radios to charge AA batteries.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Solar is civil defense.


Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger Manu Sharma said...

Your solar dynamo link does not work.
I searched archive.org and found an alternative link which too is broken.

 
At 1/15/2007 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Solar may be a solution to many things, but not a bike. I remember seeing "friction dynamos" (?) that work well without generating a ton of CO2 to build the panels.

 
At 1/22/2007 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It says that the Dynamo radio has been modified ... but doesn't say how.

I've got one of those ... what do I do?

 
At 5/25/2010 12:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

dynohubs are the solution for bicycles. You can even charge electronic devices during the day as you ride

 
At 11/02/2012 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he shows how to modify in the schematic, dont you see it ? the min thing done is to just bring out a connecter in parallel with the internal battery to plug an external battery holder into

 

Post a Comment

<< Home