solarray

From void into vision, from vision to mind, from mind into speech, from speech to the tribe, from the tribe into din.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Cell Phone Solar: The Video



I wrote about Cell Phone Solar before at solarray and in one of my diaries at dailykos.


What I wrote a few months ago and what I learned in Jamaica is still true:

Cell phones change everything
Cell phone solar with AA/D battery charging is a useful minimum scale
The price point should be $10 American or less

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5/27/2007 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, George,
I read your post about the Newlite Portable, Solar LED Lights on Cool Tools.
You mention:"The only quibble ... there's a light sensor that will not allow the lamps to go on in the daytime. I'd prefer a switch so that I can decide when to turn them on or off without being overridden by the sensor.
Solution: Place a small piece of electrical or masking tape over the sensor, and you are back in control!

 
At 6/28/2007 11:44 PM, Blogger gmoke said...

I put electrical tape and then some wadding and then duct tape over the sensor but there are still times when the light won't light in strong sun.

 
At 7/08/2007 12:02 PM, Blogger C said...

George,

that is unspeakably cool. One of my biggest problems is that I do not remember to charge my cell at night, yet I walk everywhere, often in bright, bright light. The perfect solution!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home